JOB TITLE: Evaluation Associate
STATUS: Employed Full-Time Position
REPORTS TO: Evaluation Associate — Data Compliance
LOCATION: Milwaukee, WI
Are you able to collect data in a variety of settings? Can you review and edit data to ensure completeness and accuracy of information? Do you enjoy working with others?
If so, we are looking for a someone who is motivated, results-oriented, and a dynamic professional interested in working with our team to evaluate a state-wide funded pregnancy prevention program. Additional sought-after attributes include an analytical mind, organization, high adaptability, and proactive in approach to problem solving.
Note: This position requires frequent travel to Illinois, up to 3 days a week.
The Evaluation Associate will work with the Principal and a wide variety of AMTC evaluation associates and clients in accomplishing all research and evaluation activities. Current projects fall primarily under the pregnancy prevention umbrella of programs and will include additional program areas to include, offender reentry, healthy marriage and fatherhood education.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Data Collection, Management, and Training:
- Collect qualitative data from the field via observations, focus groups, and/or interviews.
- Administer surveys in diverse settings.
- Set-up site visits for data collection.
- Communicate with schools, non-profits, and other settings about project and data needs.
- Provide technical assistance to AMTC associates and client staff as needed.
- Conduct client and staff training for the Online Participant Tracking System (OPTS) and other federal data systems via web-based and/or at client location if applicable.
- Provide statistical frequencies, customer satisfaction graphs, pie charts on demand for pregnancy prevention programs.
- Provide assorted OPTS data reports and/or other mandated forms for pregnancy prevention programs.
Program Analysis, Reporting, Improvements, Implementation and Evaluation:
- Prepare project reports (e.g., weekly and monthly progress, quarterly, semi-annual, and final reports).
- Upload performance measurement data into federal funding data bases or create spreadsheets using federal forms for reporting.
- Collaborate with other staff and contracted associates on pregnancy prevention projects.
- Assist with and develop policy and procedures related to data & compliance standards.
- Develop and maintain written agency policy and procedures on the protection of personally identifiable information.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Participate in agency and client meetings.
- Track and assess status of evaluation tasks for projects.
- Complete analysis and evaluation tasks successfully and within specified deadlines.
- Summarizes data from research projects appropriately in briefing reports to Principal, Project Director, AMTC staff, contracted associates and client staff.
- Create and maintain effective relationships with clients.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation of project tasks.
- Maintain effective communication with the Principal, other project team members and staff.
- Adhere to agency budget and accounting procedures.
- Maintain effective communication and positive relationships with vendors, contractors, clients, funders, and staff.
- Contribute to improving office and/or project procedures with creative and practical ideas.
- Follow agency policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information. Knowledgeable of procedures to safeguard sensitive and personal information that AMTC will distribute electronically.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s preferred in psychology, health sciences, sociology or another related field.
- At least 3 years, evaluation, data collection, and/or performance measurement experience, preferably in pregnancy prevention or related health field, including serving as lead on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong organizational, writing, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Skills in qualitative data collection (focus groups, observations, interviews).
- Skills in survey administration.
- Skills in statistical analysis.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to manage several tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to adapt to timeline adjustments and reorganize work accordingly.
- Responsible and able to follow through on all tasks with minimal supervision.
- Experience with SPSS, Excel, and other similar software
- Valid driver’s license; acceptable DMV record, and proof of insurance required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- SPSS and other statistical processing software
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Created: October 2019